We would like to update you on the evolving COVID-19 situation and the precautions we’re taking in each of our locations.
The wellbeing of our staff and patients has always been our top priority. We are an accredited dental practice and our disinfection standards are world class everyday throughout the year. These standards include:
- Ensuring hand sanitiser is readily available to all staff.
- Ensuring staff are dental board recommended hand hygiene practices before and after seeing a patient.
- Being vigilant with hygiene standards ensuring all surfaces such as benches, floors, machines and product are cleaned with a hospital-grade disinfectant solution.
- Ensuring all instruments are sterilised and tracked.
- Following an end of day checklist to ensure all areas have been cleaned and sanitised ready for the following day’s procedures.
- Using disposable materials where possible
- Adhering to the Australian Dental Board requirements relating to the use of autoclave machines to sterilise reusable instruments.
Since the outbreak
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have felt the need to implement some additional standards. When you contact us or visit our practice you will notice that we are:
- Checking in with our staff daily to ensure they are healthy and well and have not been in contact with anyone who has travelled from the worst affected COVID-19 areas.
- Screening for patients who have recently travelled overseas or feeling unwell and requesting them to cancel/re-book their treatment for a later date.
- Wiping down all common areas such as door handles, Eftpos machines and reception desks between every patient.
- All magazines and toys have been removed
- You will also be requested to use a specific mouth rinse prior to commencing treatment to reduce the spread of any germs
Our leadership team meets regularly and is closely following all advice received from the Department of Health and World Health Organisation to manage this dynamic situation.
We are committed to supporting our staff and the community during this time of uncertainty.
We are now booking appointments for emergencies only.
Please contact us via email or leave a voice message on our phones. We’ll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.